Komatsu America Corp. has introduced the new PC210LC-11 hydraulic excavator, a versatile, all-purpose construction machine. Featuring a 165 horsepower, EPA Tier 4 final, SAA6D107E-3 engine, the new PC210LC-11 packs up to seven more horsepower than its predecessor and consumes up to six percent less fuel with no loss to performance or productivity.
“If you need a machine capable of doing many things well - for example, going from loading trucks to excavating trenches to placing pipe and back again - this is the excavator for you,” said Kurt Moncini, Komatsu America product manager. “For versatility and long-term value, the PC210LC-11 is tough to beat,” Moncini said.
In addition to the upgrade in horsepower and fuel efficiency, the following features and improvements come standard on the PC210LC-11 excavator:
• A new viscous fan clutch improves cooling system efficiency and helps reduce noise levels.
• Three travel speeds help reduce non-productive time moving around the job site.
• A heavy standard counterweight (9634 lbs./4370 kg) provides improved over-the-front and over-the-side lift capacity.
• A standard pattern change valve makes it easy to switch joystick patterns to accommodate specific operator preferences.
• Six work modes match engine speed and pump flow to various applications.
• Operator ID provides the capability to view KOMTRAX® data by job, application or operator.
• Komatsu’s Closed-Center Load Sensing System (CLSS) provides quick response and smooth operation to maximize productivity.
• The wide, spacious ROPS and OPG Level 1 certified cab features design upgrades that help reduce cab noise by two decibels and elevate the cab to among the quietest in its class.
• KOMTRAX® level 5 technology feeds the operator machine data, such as fuel and diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) levels, Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), regeneration status, location, cautions and maintenance alert information.
• An updated, large 7” LCD monitor has a new split-display mode, showing both a rear-camera view and key machine-gauge data at the same time.
Other operator-friendly enhancements include centralized engine checkpoints, providing easy access to engine oil and filter, the drain valve, fuel drain valve and water separator drain valve.
The PC210LC-11 excavator and every other Komatsu Tier 4 Final construction-sized machine, whether rented, leased or purchased, is covered by the Komatsu CARE program for the first three years or 2000 hours, whichever comes first.