Extec has launched the S-6 production screen based on the doublescreen concept. Designed for the aggregate producer who requires large throughput, true mobility and clean gradings, the new S-6 encompasses such features as:
• Screening area consisting of two individual 10 by 5 screen boxes, each possessing their own separate drive, and each being independently angled.
• The screen box arrangement presents a large screening area, yet allows for an incredibly clean product through the independent set-up of the two screen boxes.
• Longer, chevron belted side conveyors, in order to feed directly into a cone crusher, and/or possess vast stockpiling capacities.
• Long tail conveyor for greater stockpiling capacity.
• Faster running belts in order to facilitate high rates of production.
• Screen box lift mechanism to ease mesh change.
• New stronger chassis design for demanding environments.
• Longer tracks in order to produce a stable screening platform.
These mold breaking attributes are combined with existing features found on the S-5 and S-4 doublescreens, including a large hopper with variable speed belt feeder, a heavy-duty roller bed and heavy-duty belting; a heavy-duty tipping grid activated by remote control; a spreader plate to spread material across the full width of the screening facility, maintaining the velocity of the material particles; and an optional vibrating grid for breaking down material prior to screening.
Although possessing many customer-focused features, at the heart of the S-6 is the doublescreen box.